Extra Virgin Olive Oil is recognised as the worlds healthiest oil. Unlike refined oils, Extra Virgin Olive Oil retains the highest quality and quantities of health-promoting compounds due to minimal processing methods. It is an excellent dietary staple due to some of the benefits listed below:
1. Excellent Source of Health Fats
Extra Virgin Olive Oil comprises monounsaturated fatty acids, specifically Oleic Acid, which has been suggested to help improve heart conditions by lowering blood pressure1 and cholesterol2.
2. Great Source of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an essential nutrient for supporting healthy immunity due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which help to prevent cellular damage3.
3. Great Source of Vitamin K
Vitamin K is an essential nutrient necessary for normal blood clotting4, preventing excessive bleeding.
4. Packed with Polyphenols
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is particularly high in the polyphenol compound named Oleocanthal which helps to facilitate anti-inflammatory reactions in the body
Radix has made sure to utilise and include this superfood ingredient within our entire meal range! View and shop our most popular products with Extra Virgin Olive Oil below.
- Bermudez, B. et al. Oleic Acid in Olive Oil: From a Metabolic Framework Toward a Clinical Perspective. Curr. Pharm. Des. 17, 831–843 (2011).
- Natali, F., Siculella, L., Salvati, S. & Gnoni, G. V. Oleic acid is a potent inhibitor of fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis in C6 glioma cells. J. Lipid Res. 48, 1966–1975 (2007).
- Singh, U., Devaraj, S. & Jialal, I. Vitamin E, oxidative stress, and inflammation. Annu. Rev. Nutr. 25, 151–174 (2005).
- SUTTlE, J. W. Warfarin and Vitamin K. Clin. Cardiol. 13, VI-16-VI–18 (1990).
- Lucas, L., Russell, A. & Keast, R. Molecular Mechanisms of Inflammation. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits of Virgin Olive Oil and the Phenolic Compound Oleocanthal. Curr. Pharm. Des. 17, 754–768 (2011).